Friday, May 4, 2012

Account on MOD Clashes, 4th of May 2012

Summary of the day of 4th of May:
On the 4th of May during the million man protest near the MOD which called "Friday of the End" The Army forces decided to attack the peacful protesters and clash with them.
Army forces attacked the protesters with the help of the military police "the red cap officers", some plain clothed troops and thugs.
They pushed the protesters away using LIVE AMMUNITION , MOLOTOV cocktailS, teargas, stones.
It turned into street war between the angry, injured and beated up protesters and the security forces, many people were injured and more than 200 people kidnaped and will face military trials.
As the army forces raided into the hospitals and detained all the injured people tere is no exact number of the injuries or the dead people.


My Account:

I arrived Abbasyia at 05:10 pm yesterday and just before the cathedral i saw Abbasyia citizens with thugs holding swords and metal sticks banning people from passing from their street to reach the Abbasyia square and the MOD.

I tweeted:

I couldn't reach the protesters till i used the back streets and suddenly i heard sound of continuous gun shoots, it was very very close to the protesters who were escaping from the Army armors, tear gas, live ammunition and thugs, That moment i started taking photos.


Ministry of Defence clashes
More Photos Here.
After that the Armors started to push the people away from the MOD more and more till we reached "Ghamra" 4 km away from the MOD,  Army forces attacked the protesters with the help of the military police "the red cap officers", some plain clothed troops and thugs, They pushed the protesters away using LIVE AMMUNITION , MOLOTOV cocktailS, teargas, stones.

Ministry of Defence clashes
More Photos Here.  This is the photo just before they caught me 1st. time.
As i was busy taking photos so it was normal to be in the last line facing the Army armors, I was taking photos and suddenly 2 plain clothed thugs grabbed my arms and 2 other military police soldiers came towards me, they start beating me up, All i was thinking about is to protect the camera because they are doing that because they saw me using it.. 
A friend of mine Hadeel Gamal saw me that moment.
Thanks to 2 Salafy guys who heroically saved me from them i managed to ran away with no injuries.

I tweeted:
Me and the group of salafy youth who freed me were escaping from them and extremely tired, and many of them were falling and caught by the military police troops and their thugs.
Minutes after that while i was running with the guys, A group of armed thugs faced us and detained me Again with several protesters, they forced us to enter a flower shop just before Ghamra bridge and brought the military police to take us away.. apparently there were some protesters who were watching from far away and decided to come back and save us from them after they saw how we were being beaten up by both the thugs from Abbasiya and the military troops, they broke into the shop by rocks and sticks -the revolutionaries- and took us away.. 
I continues running in the back streets until i reached down town area where i felt safe for the first time since hours.. 


I saw many women dragged and beaten the exact way they beat the Tahrir Girl in december clashes

No comments:

Post a Comment